[syslinux] efi build dependent on git update

Michael Sumulong msumulong at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 06:34:57 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Michael Sumulong <msumulong at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In efi/build-gnu-efi.sh, there's a "git submodule update --init" command
> > which is causing a compilation issue on my build. I currently build in an
> > offline environment so doing a git update isn't possible. Should this
> > command be included only for development?
>
> 1) patch to not call git when not present has been prepared for after
> 6.03 along with multiple other patches.
>
> 2) as packaged, it's a binary and source archive file.  Why build?
> How did you build?
>
> --
> -Gene

1) Sorry I didn't see that patch. I was just looking at
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git/

2) I use Buildroot to build syslinux for the target. I don't use the
packaged binaries because my host (build) machine is x86-64 but the targets
that I build for could be either i386 or x86-64. Right now, I can only get
the bios option to compile (having issues with efi32/64 but I don't need
those right now). I had to patch lzo/Makefile to use the host's compiler
since Buildroot sets $(CC) as the target compiler since prepcore is
executed on during the build.

Mike