[syslinux] isohybrid --mac doesn't find the mac efi image

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Mon Feb 10 16:36:23 PST 2014

Hi,

> Notice we don't have an APM table in both images and it's still
> complaining about the overlap from main partition.

This is in the GPT.
Partition 1 covers the whole ISO image.
Partition 2 covers the data content of the EFI/FAT boot image file
Partition 3 covers the data content of the Mac/HFS+ boot image file
So partition 1 encloses partition 2 and 3.
Shrug. That's what mjg describes and what isohybrid.c implements.

> I have created two images
> which include and exclude these parameters and below is the output data.
> [...]
> So far both images will boot in EFI mode using vbox but I yet to test
> with usb booting or optical media. I will have some of those test
> results on my next email along with the hardware used to boot each image.
> [...]
> I hope this data helps with getting to the bottom of things

Well, currently we seem to have no problem.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas