[syslinux] SYSLINUX API call INT 22h/AX=0xC

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Feb 12 20:13:10 PST 2014

On 02/12/2014 05:37 PM, Kevin Tran wrote:
> Hi,
> One of our customers uses INT 22h/AX=C to shut down UNDI interface. This interface is documented in http://www.syslinux.org/doc/comboot.txt.  The excerpt is shown below:
>
> AX=000Ch [2.00] Perform final cleanup
>         Input:  AX      000Ch
>                DX      derivative-specific flags (0000h = clean up all)
>         Output: None
>
> Apparently, device is not shut down based on the description of the problem. I am looking at int22() routine in comboot_call.c.  I don't see it processes  this request (AX=0xc) at all.
>
> Can someone help to clarify this?

comboot_call.c is part of gPXE/iPXE, which only supports a subset of the
COMBOOT API.

However, even if you are running on top of PXELINUX proper, the INT 22h
interface is obsoleted in Syslinux 5+.  Its direct replacement is the
syslinux_final_cleanup() C API call, but perhaps you could give some
insight in what your customer needs to do so we can advice if there is a
better solution?