[syslinux] Linux and HDT looking systems?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Feb 13 05:43:58 PST 2014

I've got a user of my g4l project that is having a system that locks with my
kernels, but also with hdt? The default versions are using the 5.10 version of
syslinux, but build a special setup using 6.02 and it still locks with both the
kernels and the hdt? He was able to get gparted i486 live iso to boot on the
machine, so not clear what the issue might be.

The system is a Fujitsu T734 with Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, which I have no
access to other than via emails. Have seem some messages on Fugitsu
machines with DMA issues, but not linked to this exact model? Was hoping
the HDT would identify the hardware and help the issue, but since it locks, it
maybe some special option.

Any ideals on what might resolve this issue.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     11217625.899429   |   SETI        19279201.161505
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    17148625.741651