[syslinux] Linux and HDT looking systems?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:59:48 PST 2014

> I've got a user of my g4l project that is having a system that locks with my
> kernels, but also with hdt? The default versions are using the 5.10 version of
> syslinux, but build a special setup using 6.02 and it still locks with both the
> kernels and the hdt? He was able to get gparted i486 live iso to boot on the
> machine, so not clear what the issue might be.

Recent testing versions of GParted Live are using Syslinux 6.03-pre1
from 'Debian experimental', and grub2 for UEFI.

Knowing:
_ the exact version of GParted Live he is able to boot in that
system;
_ how is the system being booted (optical media, external drive);
_ how the media was written;
_ how the firmware is configured (UEFI or CSM legacy compatibility
mode);

might help you.

Remainder: all Syslinux-related files should come from the same
version as the bootloader, including hdt.c32, and all lib*.c32 files.

Regards,
Ady.