[syslinux] Linux and HDT looking systems?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Feb 13 07:27:55 PST 2014

On 13 Feb 2014 at 16:59, Ady wrote:

From:           	Ady <ady-sf at hotmail.com>
To:             	syslinux at zytor.com
Date sent:      	Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:59:48 +0200
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] Linux and HDT looking systems?
Send reply to:  	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa
<syslinux at zytor.com>

	<mailto:syslinux-request at zytor.com?subject=subscribe>

> > I've got a user of my g4l project that is having a system that locks
> > with my kernels, but also with hdt? The default versions are using
> > the 5.10 version of syslinux, but build a special setup using 6.02
> > and it still locks with both the kernels and the hdt? He was able to
> > get gparted i486 live iso to boot on the machine, so not clear what
> > the issue might be.
> >

> Recent testing versions of GParted Live are using Syslinux 6.03-pre1
> from 'Debian experimental', and grub2 for UEFI.
>
> Knowing:
> _ the exact version of GParted Live he is able to boot in that
> system;
> _ how is the system being booted (optical media, external drive); _
> how the media was written; _ how the firmware is configured (UEFI or
> CSM legacy compatibility mode);
>
> might help you.
>
> Remainder: all Syslinux-related files should come from the same
> version as the bootloader, including hdt.c32, and all lib*.c32 files.
>
> Regards,
> Ady.

The thread of the discussion with some post of screen info is here

https://sourceforge.net/p/g4l/discussion/408762/thread/dd4ae6ef/

It also has a later post from him about some more things. He has tried
another version that boots, but then it doesn't recognize the machines nic?
Don't know anything about this machines UEFI setup, and I don't yet have
any systems that are using it, though the new systems I just got have the
option, but it was turned off when I got them. I do make sure that all syslinux
files are the current versions.

Again Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     11217625.899429   |   SETI        19279201.161505
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    17148625.741651