[syslinux] Very slow download with pxelinux > 4.07 on specific hardware

Eric PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr
Mon Feb 24 13:28:30 PST 2014

Yes on optiplex 790 i upgraded from A07 to A18 (there was a nic upgrade)
but it didn't change anything..

On optiplex 380 i upgraded from bios A01 to A07(don't know if upgrade
contained pxe or not)...

I tried, lpxelinux.0 and it wasn't faster.

Only v4.07 helped on these machines.

Tomorrow, i will give a try with 6.03pre2.

In wireshark, i saw no errors, the packet length was the same on a fast
and a slow machine, the
only thing that changed was the number of packet per second. I didn't
measure exactly, but when
a fast machine was receiving a tftp packet each 0.003 second, the slow
one did each 0.02 s.

I can send you a wireshark trace if you want.

I know it's not easy for you to help remotely, so is there any trace i
can produce ?
some option to make it more verbose ? I saw debug.c32, but it seems to
intervene later in the process.

Cheers,
Eric
ps : sorry for my bad english :-(