[syslinux] [RFC, PATCH] core/pxe: Add architecture-specific discovery request for PXE config file

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Feb 24 15:45:10 PST 2014

On 02/24/2014 09:30 AM, Don Cupp wrote:
> In other words, the dhcp server has to start the client on the
> correct binary for it's arch and by virtue of running different bins,
> we can determine the most appropriate config file for the client?

That is definitely one way to deal with it.

There is no way around the fact that you have to have different binaries
for different architectures; there is nothing that Syslinux can do about
that, and it has to be dealt with before Syslinux is even running.

Now, with lpxelinux.0 you can also enable HTTP cookies which contain a
*lot* of system information that you can use dynamically on your HTTP
server via PHP or whatever you want.