[syslinux] [RFC, PATCH] core/pxe: Add architecture-specific discovery request for PXE config file

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:06:58 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Don Cupp <doncuppjr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-netboot-pxe-config-efi.html

Don, thanks for the reference.  If Jeremy is doing this, then the
dhcpd DOES INFACT know EXACTLY what it's booting and can easily use
different directories.

Without something like the macroing that HPA pointed out (not
implemented), you're stuck needing the COM32 modules in different
directories which requires that a config specifies a different path.
I'd still say that completely different paths for the base binary,
ldlinux and config is the best differentiation strategy followed by a
content reuse strategy.  Between symlinks on the tftpd host and
Syslinux's INCLUDE/CONFIG directives, you can get a pretty manageable
system.

--
-Gene