[syslinux] [RFC, PATCH] core/pxe: Add architecture-specific discovery request for PXE config file

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon Feb 24 21:55:47 PST 2014

Hi all,

>> https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-netboot-pxe-config-efi.html
>
> Don, thanks for the reference.  If Jeremy is doing this, then the
> dhcpd DOES INFACT know EXACTLY what it's booting and can easily use
> different directories.

This approach is what I'd prefer to do (modifying DHCP lease parameters
cleaner. However, is this the only accepted approach? Do we want to
support folks who don't want to modify the DHCP server config?

The reason I ask is that some provisioning tools, eg MaaS, don't assume
control of the DHCP server.

Cheers,

Jeremy