[syslinux] Very slow download with pxelinux > 4.07 on specific hardware

Eric PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr
Tue Feb 25 07:07:58 PST 2014

I did some additional tests :

On a dell optiplex 380, i disabled internal nic, added a 3com 905c tx
external pci nic : very slow too.
On a dell 740(which is always fast), i put the 3com to be sure : very fast.

So it seems it is not related to the nic itself. To be sure it wasn't
just one failing computer i tested several 380.

I tried disabling several features in bios, like Execute Disable,
multicore support, speedstep... Nothing helped.

I thought at the beginning it was an efi problem (althought i use it in
bios mode), but on optiplex 7010 which is efi based too, i don't have
the problem...

I used 6.03pre2 for this test.

As i said previously no problem before version 5.00.

Cheers

Eric PEYREMORTE
Technicien Informatique - CRI
http://www.iut-valence.fr