[syslinux] Very slow download with pxelinux > 4.07 on specific hardware

Eric PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr
Wed Feb 26 08:06:02 PST 2014

Hi,

We only have Dell computers here. We have about 100 optiplex 380.

Here is a link to download my wireshark traces :
http://dl.free.fr/qgCPEM5Uo

In this traces i tested pxelinux and lpxelinux 6.03 on optiplex 740(the
one working)
and optiplex 380.

pxelinux works on both computers but very slowly on 380 as seen in traces.

lpxelinux works only on 740. On 380 it seems to enter in a kind of loop
: the client computer sending Acknowledgement for a block continuously
(but not for every block)

for lpxelinux on 380, it took 2 traces. One on the server, and one on a
hub i connected to the client. (note the problem happen even without the
hub and on all 380 computers)

Cheers