[syslinux] i2c bus access

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Fri Feb 28 00:17:08 PST 2014

Am 27.02.2014 20:49, schrieb H. Peter Anvin:
>  I2C can be provided through an almost infinite number of controllers,
> and building an I2C subsystem in Syslinux would be a good step toward
> making it a fullblown operating system.

Why not use linux as bootloader?

Booting a (rather small) linux kernel with I²C support and either
shutting down or kexecing another linux kernel (plus ramdisk) might be
the solution. All one needs is a busybox (statically linked against
uClibc), the kernel with needed disk and network drivers baked in, a
statically linked kexec and a single shell script. If João Henrique
wants to take this path, I am willing to help with further details.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Redaktion + EDV-Beratung + Linux-CD/DVD-Konzepte
August-Bebel-Str. 74 - 04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Bitte fuer geschaeftliche Telefonate vorzugsweise die VoIP-Telefonnummer
+49 341 39290767 verwenden, da ich diese aufs Mobiltelefon routen kann!