[syslinux] i2c bus access

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Fri Feb 28 08:18:12 PST 2014

Am 28.02.2014 12:11, schrieb João Henrique Freitas:
> Based on the above I will get the Mattias idea.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> [1]
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/petitboot/petitboot.html

Petitboot seems to "Grand" for this purpose.

kexec is so simple if you put the kernel and initramfs you want to boot
into the initramfs used to test your environment. Of course you also can
also add some scripts, modules and binaries to the original initramfs to
test your environment and decide whether to shutdown or do the final
switch_root. A cool feature of syslinux helps that you do not need to
assemble a complete new initramfs everytime: Prepare a second cpio with
the overrides and load it after the original initramfs:

initrd=original.img,mods.img

Do you just have to identify that a certain I²C controller is present or
do you have to poll for the presence of some slaves or even poll for
certain sensor values? I've never done I²C under linux, just playing
around with it on Arduino...

Don't hesitate to ask me for kexec-on-initramfs. From LessLinux
development I got many ready binaries and scripts lying around that
could easily be adapted to your task.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Redaktion + EDV-Beratung + Linux-CD/DVD-Konzepte
August-Bebel-Str. 74 - 04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Bitte fuer geschaeftliche Telefonate vorzugsweise die VoIP-Telefonnummer
+49 341 39290767 verwenden, da ich diese aufs Mobiltelefon routen kann!