[syslinux] EFI build problems

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Wed Jan 8 03:05:12 PST 2014

On Thu, 19 Dec, at 02:39:23AM, Celelibi wrote:

> Hello,
> I confirm the command realpath wasn't installed by default on my
> debian either. And it seems it can be easily replaced by readlink -f.
> And actually I find its use doubtful.
>
> However, as you may have seen, these scripts are quite new and may
> have bugs. Using pushd/popd in a /bin/sh script is a bug. IIRC, by
> default, on debian, /bin/sh points to dash, and not bash.

D'oh, yes. That's a bug. The intent was to allow building the gnu-efi
code without the Syslinux source being the current working directory -
hence the realpath stuff. Furthermore, the gnu-efi Makefiles prepend a
'/' to the install paths, so you have to pass absolute paths.

Can you try building the head of the firmware branch?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center