[syslinux] Vanilla installation of Syslinux/Extlinux

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Mon Jan 13 11:02:18 PST 2014

Am 13.01.2014 18:27, schrieb Mau Z:
> Thanks
>
> Can you help on "the big question" ?  which is under the name "installing
> syslinux on a fresh system (SATA)"

You are on a mailing list. Not paying a few hundred dollars per
"incident". Our documentation might be little bit rotten. We are willing
to fix this. But your job is to try out. Take the information you
already got and try to prepare a bootable image. You will probably fail
on the first try. Which is partly our fault (let doc rotten) and partly
yours (did not read rotten doc). Then post the details. We will
gladfully be helping you on fixing your problem. Your details will help
us improving the rotten doc (things we assumed to be "logical" or "self
evident" will prove to be some kind of understandable just for insiders.
Three or four more posts and your Debian/Ubuntu will boot. Four or five
posts and the doc will be improved.

But please do not complain. Try it. Fail. Ask. Let us help you. Try
again. Succeed in the end. Let us improve outdated documentation. Let us
boot your debootstrapped system. Everyone will benefit in the end.

Regards,
Matt

--
Mattias Schlenker - Redaktion + EDV-Beratung + Linux-CD/DVD-Konzepte
August-Bebel-Str. 74 - 04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Bitte fuer geschaeftliche Telefonate vorzugsweise die VoIP-Telefonnummer
+49 341 39290767 verwenden, da ich diese aufs Mobiltelefon routen kann!