[syslinux] installing syslinux on a fresh system (SATA)

Mau Z zmau1962 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:25:02 PST 2014

Thanks
but I am still in the same spot :
1) I have created a partition (ext2 with GParted).
2) Now what ?   I was thinking that I should install syslinux (the
bootloader).
    All the examples say something like "syslinux --directory
/boot/syslinux/ --install /dev/sdb1"
    but this does not make any seance, because the is no /boot on the
system.
    I have tried it anyways, but the answer was :

    "Invalid media signature (not a FAT filesystem?)"

Thank again
Mau