[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jan 14 15:17:03 PST 2014

In message <BLU0-SMTP4359BC7EA366B1FB76EA9188BBF0 at phx.gbl>,
Ady <ady-sf at hotmail.com> wrote:

>rfg wrote:
>> 	Invalid partition table

>I am probably misunderstanding something. We seem to go backwards.

I can't speak for you, but I do feel that *I* am probably misunderstanding
quite a number of things.  But I do agree that things got worse rather than
better for my recent results.

In an effort to get forward momentum again, I tried doing some experiments
where I used GParted (off the Ultimate Boot CD) to set up the partition
table and the (one) partition on the USB stick, rather than this RUFUS
thing you had me try to use, because I am far more familiar with and
accustomed to GParted.

Unfortunately, I quickly ran into yet another very perplexing snag (and
perhaps a serious GParted bug).  You can read all about that here:

http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17073

Anyway, I will work past this also, as best as I can, and try to report
more results here shortly.

I do understand what we are trying to do, and I'll work to try to get
there, using my own instincts, which are usually pretty good.

Regards,
rfg