[syslinux] PXE booting WinPE with UEFI architecture

Andreas Buschka a.buschka at tarent.de
Wed Jan 15 02:43:50 PST 2014

Hello Alexandre,

Unfortunately, it seems that pxechn.c32 does not work with EFI. I have experimented with several Linux boot loaders and x64 UEFI in the past, but only GRUB2 has been able to start a Windows (Vista or higher) bootloader via PXE so far (iPXE and PXELINUX were not able to). However, I cannot use grub because I need pxechn.c32s functionality to manipulate WDS/BINL responses so that I can have different BCDs for different menu entries, so I am stuck for the moment, too. :-(

All the best,
Andreas