[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Jan 15 13:18:40 PST 2014

In message <52D66D45.8080108 at akeo.ie>,
Pete Batard <pete at akeo.ie> wrote:

>[disclaimer: I am the author of Rufus]

Pleased to meet you.  Rufus seems like a fine tool.

>Oh, since it might be useful for OP's testing, I should probably point
>out that Rufus can also be used to install a blank Syslinux v4 or v5 on
>an UFD (so you if you add something with a config file and some .c32,
>you should be able to test whether the Syslinux versions that are
>embedded in Rufus can boot). This is an advanced feature, so it is not
>available in default mode, but if you want to enable it, just click on
>the white arrow near "Format Options", so that you see the additional
>options panel. Once you do that, you should find that "Syslinux v4" and
>"Syslinux v5" are listed as extra options in the "Create a bootable
>disk" dropdown. Or you can see [3].

I'm sorry, but I don't understand most of what you just said.

Is this some additional new experiment that you were actually suggesting
or advising me to carry out?  Or were you just offering this additional
information IN CASE it might appear (to me) to be useful?

If the former, you will need to elaborate further.  If the latter, I
will just thank you for your willingness to offer potentially helpful
additional info.

Regards,
rfg