[syslinux] vesamenu fullscreen efi boot

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:49:53 PST 2014

> This is for a USB boot image where I won't have advance knowledge of
> the different screen resolutions it boots on
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Aaron McSorley <a at aaronmcsorley.com> wrote:
> >> When I boot to efi my splash screen is tiled, how do I make it not
> >> tile?  Optimally I'd like it to expand the image to the size of the
> >> screen, is that possible?
> >
> > To my knowledge, there is no stretch functionality.  Your best bet is
> > to match your image size to the screen size.
> >
> > --
> > -Gene

AFAIK, the default resolution for vesamenu.c32 is 640 x 480.

You should either:
_ use a "splash" file of *that* resolution; or,
_ use the 'MENU RESOLUTION' directive.

For instance, if your "splash" background is 800 x 600, then you
would use:
MENU RESOLUTION 800 600

and all potential screens where you want to boot with this "splash"
should support the desired screen resolution.

Regards,
Ady.