[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Jan 17 00:51:18 PST 2014

In message <52D846EC.2060303 at mattiasschlenker.de>,
Mattias Schlenker <ms at mattiasschlenker.de> wrote:

>Am 16.01.2014 08:17, schrieb Thomas Schmitt:
>> Another candidate image would be
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/debian-7.3.0-i386-ne
>tinst.iso

I just happened to have a copy of this file also already, so I dd'd it to
the same stick, and volia!  This image also boots with no problems on
the GA-M55Plus-S3G.

Just another data point.

>The board first appeared mid 2006, it is even AM2 and not AM2+.

Yes.  To my shame, I admit that this is a fairly old board.

I hope that non of you guys will hate me for not confessing this sooner,
and I hope that you won't be mad at me for asking for help relating to
such an old board.

Regards,
rfg