[syslinux] vesamenu fullscreen efi boot

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Jan 17 10:06:53 PST 2014

On 01/17/2014 08:20 AM, Aaron McSorley wrote:
> I'm no C expert but, I'd like to play with this, could you give me
> some pointers to which code to look at so I can try to hack something
> together?

Certainly.

The first thing to do is decide how to handle multiple image files.

One particularly easy way to do this might be to have a "meta-image
format" which would be a text file that describes what image to load
under which conditions.  In that case, the change can probably be
confined to com32/lib/sys/vesa/background.c, which is the place where
the image file gets read.  In particular, vesacon_load_background()
already looks at the file data and determines if it is a PNG, JPEG or
LSS16 image; it could also look for the text file format, and load a
different file based on the contents of that text file.

For other alternatives:

com32/menu/readconfig.c reads the configuration file, it would have to
be updated if there are any changes to the configuration file syntax.