[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 11:08:31 PST 2014

> My own question to Ady was, whether it would be worthwhile
> to erase his SYSLINUX files from the FAT32 fileystem too,
> and to make a normal install of Clonezilla into the empty
> FAT32 filesystem.

There are several things that we now know, from the results of prior
tests.

One of those things that we know is that Clonezilla Live's script
installs 'ldlinux.sys' in the root directory of the filesystem in the
USB device, instead of installing it as './syslinux/ldlinux.sys',
where the rest of the Syslinux-related files are copied by the same
scripts. This is one improvement to be made by its developers.

For this reason, my test.img already has './syslinux/ldlinux.sys'
correctly installed, so using Clonezilla Live script to install
SYSLINUX would be a step back.

Regards,
Ady.