[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jan 19 15:47:36 PST 2014

In message <BLU0-SMTP2660F9FD24F490433C41E898BBA0 at phx.gbl>, Ady wrote:

>Regarding UBCD, Clonezilla (and GParted) Live, I happen to know that
>they are working on improving bootability.
>
>Regarding improving Syslinux, feedback is the way. Other than that,
>it seems to me that in this particular case the issues are more
>related to how the partitioning and formatting (of the USB drive) are
>done.

Doesn't the Syslinux project provide (hopefully strong) specific
reccomendations, to its user base, for how these things should best
be done, you know, in order to insure maximal interoperability?

>For such cases, we can try to help, but it does not depend on
>The Syslinux Project.

My opinion, worth what you paid for it:  The Syslinux Project should
provide its user base with strong guidance and reccomendations on these
matters, in order to insure maximal interoperability of products
incorporating Syslinux.

Regards,
rfg