[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jan 19 16:33:13 PST 2014

In message <CAL9Ac2TasS6RfoC5i-oeOh32r+h0QBpVCSNhQMG1MN_KmAr6mw at mail.gmail.com>
Dean Graff <graff97 at gmail.com> wrote:

># I think this qualifies as a bootloader, sort of
># sincerely hope it helps address Mr. Guilmette curiousity

Yes.  Thank you.

It had not occurred to me that ye good olde BIOS is/was still there, and
that it could actually be relied upon to do useful things, you know, after
boot time.  (So many OSes make it a point to get up and running and to
_avoid_, as much as possible, any & all use of BIOS I/O routines that it
is easy for forget that in limited contexts they are, nontheless, actually
still useful.)

Regards,
rfg