[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Jan 20 00:04:14 PST 2014

In message <52DCC023.7000100 at zytor.com>,
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

>On 01/19/2014 03:47 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't the Syslinux project provide (hopefully strong) specific
>> reccomendations, to its user base, for how these things should best
>> be done, you know, in order to insure maximal interoperability?
>>

>We try (see our wiki), but those recommendations can only come from mass
>testing across many, many systems -- which we have to rely on our
>userbase for as we have no such resources.

I understand.

As you see, I have tried to be helpful, and have done much testing...
all the testing that was requested of me.

Now, will you please make whatever adjustments you feel might be
appropriate, either to the Syslinux wiki, or to the code or both,
and then, far more importantly as far as I am concerned, will you
reach out personally to the developers of Clonezilla, UBCD, and
OpenELEC, and provide them with advice, suggestions, and, if
appropriate, new (Syslinux) code which will help them to all to
avoid such end-user problems as I have experienced in the future?
Will you be kind enough to commit to doing that (please)?

Regards,
rfg