[syslinux] After USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Jan 21 12:45:04 PST 2014

Hi,

Dean Graff:
> cmon, it is not that ugly. before parted, and kpartx it was even worse.

But imagine the overworked developer shortly before midnight
banging the head on the desk because that @#$%@ USB stick
fails on the demo machine after it succeeded on two
test machines.

Currently it seems we need in the wiki a link from
  SYSLINUX#Creating_a_Bootable_Disk
  Hardware_Compatibility#USB-Geometry
and from there a link to a (yet to find) tutorial about
the mkdiskimage tool. (About which i know nothing yet.)

Google found me meanwhile about mkdiskimage:
  http://www.syslinux.org/doc/usbkey.txt
which looks best so far. MS-Windows user might feel left behind,
though.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas