[syslinux] Advice/directions to users of Syslinux

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 04:12:19 PST 2014

> Hi,
>
> > 1_ "create a new DOS partition table";
> > 2_ create a new partition;
> > 3_ format it.
>
> This could be added to
>   http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#Creating_a_Bootable_Disk

I would suggest adding an internal link to respctive sections of the
wiki, not more text in the same page. I wouldn't want the main
SYSLINUX page http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX to keep
growing with matters that are not directly under SYSLINUX.

If anything, the main page for SYSLINUX should be separated in
sections, adding internal links instead. This is similar to what
GeneC made about the AsciiDoc files under "./txt/" in the official
Syslinux archives.

> > when using words such as "should". Is that a recommendation?
>
> Yes. Nothing is absolute with that topic.
> Some combinations work, some don't. It should work
> with the "should" recommendations.

My point was about the several possible ways such wording could be
interpreted by different users when reading them in the Syslinux
wiki.

Regards,
Ady.