[syslinux] Advice/directions to users of Syslinux

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Jan 22 05:04:22 PST 2014

Hi,

Ady wrote:
> I would suggest adding an internal link to respctive sections of the
> wiki, not more text in the same page.

This is reasonable.
Please have a look at
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/User:Scdbackup

The first section shall become the new text of
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#Creating_a_Bootable_Disk

The second section shall become a new section
  Bad Heritage on MS-DOS disk
in
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems

[about USB Geometry]
> My point was about the several possible ways such wording could be
> interpreted by different users when reading them in the Syslinux
> wiki.

I meanwhile united the section "USB Miscellenous" with
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Compatibility#USB-Geometry
Now it is a bit too long but does not show an artificial
separation of general statements and examples.
It is a vague as needed and as tangible as possible, i think.

Please have a look and criticize. Any objection is welcome.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas