[syslinux] Even more (U)EFI questions

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Wed Jan 22 05:33:04 PST 2014

Am 22.01.2014 12:03, schrieb Mattias Schlenker:

> 1. Do the 32 bit and 64 bit UEFI syslinux' both search for the same
>    config or is there the possibility to use different config files? I
>    might fiddle around with ifcpu64 but cannot yet, since I am waiting
>    for a piece of 32 bit hardware

...not just the config - it is also about the two different
architectures of the COM32 files... Did I correctly understand that both
EFI versions search their files in the same place? In this case it seems
impossible to assemble a boot media with a single El Torito image that
can be booted on 32 bit and 64 bit UEFI as well?

I remember a discussion on the same topic regarding PXE boot a few weeks
ago, but I did not follow it closely since I thought no one with a sane
mind¹ would sell hardware with 32 bit UEFI implementations these days.

Looks like I would have to prepare separate boot images bay trail/clover
trail or continue using gummiboot for 32 bit UEFI in the mid term.

Regards,
Mattias

¹ http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/26734.html

--
Mattias Schlenker - Redaktion + EDV-Beratung + Linux-CD/DVD-Konzepte
August-Bebel-Str. 74 - 04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Bitte fuer geschaeftliche Telefonate vorzugsweise die VoIP-Telefonnummer
+49 341 39290767 verwenden, da ich diese aufs Mobiltelefon routen kann!