[syslinux] information about the USB device

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Jan 23 15:12:33 PST 2014

In message <20140123071912.GY2170 at gpm.stappers.nl>,
Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

>> I'm sorry.  I am not understanding.  Are there additional commands
>> that I should be running, you know, to gather yet more (and different)
>> information?
>>
>> If so, please elaborate and I shall attempt to comply.
>>

>We all are beginners in something.
>
>The request is about providing diagnostic information.
>
>Take the problematic USB-booting device to working GNU/Linux computer.
>(If you don't yet have one, ask around in your nieghbourghood )
>
>Run the about "fdisk" commands. It is harmless, it is only listing ( -l option
> )
>
>And e-mail the output to the mailinglist

I already *did* run the requested commands and I already did post here info
on how others may view the results.

I asked if there were *other* commands I should also be gathering info
from.

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  Yes, I saw that Ady gave me a plethora of new instructions.  I will
be crrying those out too, as soon as time permits.