[syslinux] Advice/directions to users of Syslinux

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Jan 25 01:38:57 PST 2014

Hi,

i have now sparsely modified the last paragraph of
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#Creating_a_Bootable_Disk

added a new section
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems#Bad_Heritage_on_MS_DOS_disk

and a new article
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/What_is_a_SYSLINUX_disk_%3F

My proposal is to place a link to the new article at all wiki
occasions, where the reader might wonder what exactly is meant
with "disk".
See my link "disk" in the modified paragraph of
SYSLINUX#Creating_a_Bootable_Disk .

Proofreading and criticsim are welcome.

The new article could still need enhancement:

- A description how to populate a disk image file on MS-Windows.
  (The section about mkdiskimage could need MS-Windows examples, too.)

- Mentioning that PC-BIOS is not the only firmware.
  I lack of knowledge about EFI on hard disk. Watching this mailing
  list gives me the impression that this is an open construction site.
  Correct me if i am wrong.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas