[syslinux] iPXE chain to lpxelinux.0 6.03-pre17 inconsistencies and failures

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 04:31:31 PDT 2014

On Jul 2, 2014 11:13 AM, "Alexander Perlis" <aperlis at math.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Or is there a different (non-ipxe?) way we can locally boot a machine and
get it to chain to our 6.0x pxelinux server?

Unless this is a completely isolated network, talk with your IT department.

If there's no DHCP, make a simple server. If there's DHCP and no boot info,
add a PXE server that listens to DHCP requests and only offers boot info.
If there's DHCP with boot info but no PXE, a PXE may work. If there's a
DHCP and PXE, you'll need to talk with the administrators.

--Gene