[syslinux] Creating LiveCD with EFI option?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Jul 3 05:58:11 PDT 2014

I've been using various versions of syslinux as the boot loader for the g4l
project that I have been the maintainer of since 2004. It was already using
syslinux, so I've just updated it over the years, and currently have it use 5.10
version, but have done test builds with the 6.x versions.

Recently had request from to users about EFI support, and one suggested
that virtualbox has option for testing, so I cloned the current testing of the
ISO to and EFI format, but just get a shell, so it requires some more steps.

Did some searching, but haven't found anything that seems to have the exact
steps. Also, not sure if I could make a single iso that would work with both, or
have to create two different versions. In testing 6.x of syslinux, I just copied
the files  to a different directory and replace the 5.x versions with 6.x
versions, and build process remained the same.

Currently, 7 timezones away from my build machines, so doing work via VNC
and Virtual box for testing?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     17048118.367387   |   SETI        28248519.735595
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    27129390.780938