[syslinux] mdiskchk and WinPE

Jerome Levy jml9904 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:29:40 PDT 2014

Greetings, all...
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've set up a Linux PXE host with a menu choice to install Windows. This option boots a WinPE image, which then uses \\net use... to mount the appropriate ISO image. Works fine. However, I would like to pass the iso name and directory into WinPE from the menu via append= arguments. Thus, I can set up a separate menu option for each Windows version while using a single (or two) WinPE engines to get all this done.
I think that mdiskchk would do the job admirably but there's no build out there that I can find for 32- and 64- bit WinPE flavors, and building my own from the code at git://git.zytor.com/users/sha0/syslinux.git/win32/mdiskchk has been a bit challenging:
In file included from ../libinstaller/syslinux.h:17,                 from syslinux.c:28:../libinstaller/advconst.h:2: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before numeric constantsyslinux.c: In function ‘main’:
Has anyone successfully built these executables, or can someone suggest a better path to take?
Thanks!
jml