[syslinux] Creating LiveCD with EFI option? (Michael D. Setzer II)

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 15:55:17 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Spike White <spikewhitetx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, one problem.  Gene from this mailing list had to help me with one EFI
> boot
> option that you place in the VMWare config file.  No GUI equiv.  But once
> done,
> VMWare workstation PXE EFI booted no problem.

Yes/no.  You have to place it in the .vmx of the VM and converts the
machine to EFI rather than BIOS boot.  Nothing PXE specific.

The option is exposed in the GUI with the vSphere Client, even when
connecting to VMware Workstation and managing shared VMs.  The
universal caveat of the vSphere Client can't edit settings on a
VMHW-v10 (aka VMX-10) VM still applies.  I just did this on a VMHWv9
VM that I cloned from a VMHWv10 VM then downgraded its VMHW to v9.

--
-Gene

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text,