[syslinux] Avoid returning to menu if boot error happened

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:29:58 PDT 2014

Hi

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Ady <ady-sf at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> After I removed the UI I am able to see the boot error message.
>
> If the error is related to Syslinux, could you please post it here?
> Is it still happening?

Yes, it is still happening. It is related to btrfs - syslinux has a
bug and cannot boot my vmlinuz file. I am trying to find a simple
repro case for this problem, but still no luck. I'll post the error
later today.

> BTW, since the Syslinux package in ArchLinux is currently built with
> less debugging options than the official upstream binaries, perhaps
> you might want to consider testing the latter, so to see whether the
> behavior and the (error) messages are the same.

I am the co-maintainer of syslinux in Arch and I am the one who
disabled it to workaround previous 64K btrfs limit. I've compiled a
debug version of Arch binaries and I use it right now.