[syslinux] [syslinux:master] PXE ISR: Force polling on select hardware WORKAROUND

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:43:59 PDT 2014

On Jul 14, 2014 4:38 AM, "Shantanu Gadgil" <shantanugadgil at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on the commitdiff comments, this looks like what I (and many many
others) have been plagued with.

> Machines typically affected:
> DELL PowerEdge 2950, R720, R810, etc. (server class)
> DELL PowerEdge 960 (desktop class)
>
> Eagerly awaiting the next pre-release to test this out!
> : thumbs up : : thumbs up :

For each of these machines, I presume pxelinux.0 had no issues but
lpxelinux.0 has a boot failure and a packet capture shows packets
transmitted by the client but nothing that appears to be responses to
anything sent to the client(deaf client).

Examples: A client sends a TFTP read request, the server responds but the
client sends another request.  A client sends an ARP request, gets a
response but sends another request. An ARP request sent to the client goes
unanswered.

If so, for each, please boot pxelinux.0 from Syslinux 4.10-pre22 and report
the flags value and the first three octets of the MAC address (first half).

--Gene