[syslinux] pxelinux HTTP transport UEFI vmlinuz

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Jul 23 07:32:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

Since which version of pxelinux.0 is understood in pxelinux.cfg/default that

  kernel http://host.lan/netboot/vmlinuz

means vmlinuz should be transported over HTTP?

Since which version of pxelinux.0 is it possible to boot on UEFI?

Those questions elaborated:

What I want is fast netboot UEFI servers.
What I'm looking for is an advice which version of PXELINUX
between version 4.something and 6.03pre18.

If http transport only works with DHCP Option 210 (pxelinux.pathprefix),
please tell so.

If pxelinux can't do  UEFI booting, please tell so.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven