[syslinux] isohybrid: slint64-14.1.iso: unable to find mac efi image

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:06:51 PDT 2014

> Hi,
>
> > Unfortunately I get the error message:
> > isohybrid: slint64-14.1.iso: unable to find mac efi image
>
> This is probably due to El Torito Platform id "Mac" in
>
>   -eltorito-alt-boot -no-emul-boot -eltorito-platform Mac \
>     -eltorito-boot isolinux/macboot.img \
>
> This caused in the image
>   http://slint.fr/misc/MacBoot/slint64-14.1.iso
> platform id 1 with the third image. (I would have expected 2
> from reading El Torito specs: 0=x86 , 1=PowerPC , 2=Mac. Shrug.)
>
> Regardless whether this is the right number for the purpose of
> booting some Mac from CD/DVD, it is not what isohybrid.c
> expects.
> This program expects to find the UEFI image as second boot image
> and the Mac image as third boot image. Both with Platform Id 0xef.
>

>From
 cdrtools.sourceforge.net/private/man/cdrtools-3.01axx/mkisofs.8.html

Look at the "-eltorito-platform id" option:

[quote]
 x86  This is the default platform id value  and  speci-
      fies   entries   for   the  PC  platform.   If  no
      -eltorito-platform option appears before the first
      -eltorito-boot  option,  the  default  boot  entry
      becomes an entry for the x86 PC platform.

 PPC  Boot entries for the Power PC platform.

 Mac  Boot entries for the Apple Mac platform.

 efi  Boot entries for EFI based PCs.

 #    A numeric value specifying any platform id.
[/quote]

I don't know about the specific "platform id" argument that the
isohybrid tool expects for each case, but "efi", "Mac" and "PPC" are
not the same for mkisofs.

If the isohybrid tool expects to use "efi" for "Mac" and/or for
"PPC", then perhaps this might be part of the problem (if not now, at
least at some point)?

Regards,
Ady.