[syslinux] tftpd-hpa: unixperms and umask

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jun 3 05:05:43 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have tried setting umask 0027 for tftpd, so files are created with
permissions 0640.

However, tftpd-hpa refused uploading a file with error
"must have global write permissions".

Looking at the source, I could avoid this issue by using "-p" option.
However, it also seems that the umask is not applied when the "-p" option is
used.

Can anyone explain this to me?

What's the point of needing global read/write permissions for files?

Thanks
Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.