[syslinux] MultiFS syntax definition

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 4 13:21:29 PDT 2014

On 06/04/2014 11:09 AM, Raphael S Carvalho wrote:
> Before proceeding with the MultiFS patchset, let's discuss the MultiFS syntax.
>
> It's currently as follows:
> (hd[disk number]:[partition number])/path/to/file
>
> Any objections?

As others have pointed out, I'd rather use a comma, but even more
specifically, we already *have* a very sophisticated syntax for
partition selection: this is what chain.c32 currently consumes.  It lets
us specify partitions not just by disk/partition number but also by
various kinds of other attributes like MBR signatures and UUIDs.

So we should just (re-)use that syntax.