[syslinux] Recent (6.02) PXELINUX on Soekris net4501

Thomas Quinot syslinux at thomas.cuivre.fr.eu.org
Tue Jun 10 13:43:23 PDT 2014

* H. Peter Anvin, 2014-06-10 :

> You probably want to test both pxelinux.0 and lpxelinux.0... if it is
> sticking in pxe_init_isr you're using the latter.

Correct. And indeed pxelinux.0 goes much further than lpxelinux.0!
I have a few issues yet to fix:

   * Undef symbol FAIL: __syslinux_debug_enabled
     (I must have done something wrong while building)

   * find proper fix for serial i/o (my crude hack handles
     output, but not input; I now end up with a boot: prompt
     but cannot enter anything). Is there a known correct way
     of setting up pxelinux for serial-only I/O?

> Have you considered talking to Soekris about this?  As you probably can
> understand, it isn't like we have specimens of every box from every
> manufacturer...

I do understand :-) Once I work my way to getting a succseful boot with
pxelinux.0 (thanks for pointing in the right direction!!), I'll bring
the issue up with Soekris as well. (I'll also experiment with a net5501
instead of the 4501).

Thanks again for your help!

Thomas.