[syslinux] Chainload pxelinux from pxelinux and pass parameters or change root dir?

Alexander Perlis aperlis at math.lsu.edu
Tue Jun 17 11:22:22 PDT 2014

On 06/16/2014 07:12 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 06/16/2014 02:57 PM, Alexander Perlis wrote:
>> Here's what I mean by 'chainloading to install an automatic http prefix':
>
> The other option is to use a very small default configuration file
> containing only:
>
> default reload
> label reload
>     config http://...path to real config file .../  http://...new path
> prefix.../

This works great! I'm now DHCP-invoking lpxelinux.0 and then using this
CONFIG approach to change the global prefix to "http://my.ip/".

This is more efficient than using pxechn.c32, if the only goal is to
reload the same NBP on the same server but simply with a different
global prefix.

Also glad to have learned about pxechn.c32 for when we need to switch to
a *different* NBP (e.g., a different version of syslinux).