[syslinux] isohybrid has 2 variants

Ian Bannerman ian at internals.io
Sat Jun 21 10:45:15 PDT 2014

>Although there are some "isohybrid.exe" around, there is no official support for them and they are also outdated.

>The Syslinux mailing list already includes several emails about issues in the included isohybrid variants. I think that deleting either of them would be a mistake. At least users such as Ian might benefit from both being included.

>Ideally, the Perl variant should get updated at least with the patches that the C variant already includes, and then solve the remaining known problems. Any takers?

While I did know the .exe variant was not official / untrusted, I didn't know the official Perl and binary versions were out of sync in terms of features/bugfixes. If the Perl version cannot be maintained alongside the binary version (sadly I don't know any Perl to help with this), I agree with Geert that it should be removed or the differences clearly documented.

--Ian