[syslinux] isohybrid has 2 variants

Ian Bannerman ian at internals.io
Sat Jun 21 12:29:46 PDT 2014

I'm going to get the hang of this mailing list eventually. Apologies for any duplicate emails..

>Ian Bannerman:
>> While I did know the .exe variant was not official / untrusted,
>Is there a special reason for this ? (Except the known bugs which affect Linux binaries, too.)

Not really. I had never found a convincing source for it and had seen previous list entries like this one -http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-November/021108.html - suggesting the Perl version.

I did not know the Perl version did not support the EFI/Mac changes. For my use, that's critical, so I will not be using the Perl version further. (Thank you for the clarification there)

intrigeri wrote:
>We at Tails rely on isohybrid.pl for installing on OSX:
>https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/installation/manual/mac/

Now I'm confused, if Tails is able to use the .pl for the purpose of installing on OS X that would suggest it does have the EFI/Mac updates..?

If the Perl version was available, yeah, that would make my ISO build processes easier  Smiling face with smiling eyes

--Ian