[syslinux] testing out 6.03 network booting...

Andrew Rae A.M.Rae at leeds.ac.uk
Sun Jun 22 10:15:50 PDT 2014

> Andrew, feel free to try it out too, or you could just wait for someone
> to cut another pre-release.

Matt - I'd love to try it - but I'm not so good at fixing compiling issues. right now I get stuck at being unable to 'make' the efi32 or efi64 components due to an error:

Failed to build gnu-efi. Execute the following command for full details:
build-gnu-efi.sh ia32 /tmp/syslinux/efi32

make[3]: *** [/tmp/syslinux/efi32/lib/libefi.a] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/syslinux/efi32/efi'
make[2]: *** [efi] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/syslinux/efi32'
make[1]: *** [efi32] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/syslinux'
make: *** [efi32] Error 2

thought everyone would have better / more important things to do than help me build from source - so not expecting any help with this!

> Note that I don't think this will magically solve all EFI PXELINUX
> problems, but it should at least restore the behaviour from before
> -pre14.

Good to know it was a bug (and wasn't me doing something wrongly! :) )
Cheers,
Andrew