[syslinux] syslinux 6.03pre17 + gpxelinux.0 + iso from http not working

Ross, Matt m.g.ross at herts.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 03:29:12 PDT 2014

Gene,

I’ve tried by IP number. I’ve also tried various web servers on our LAN, all in the same VLAN and subnet as the PC. As the error message remains the same I assumed something was broken in the setup and it was never getting to the network connection stage. All ISOs work over TFTP from the same server. The only iptables rules are for fail2ban on the PXE server, and the ISO hosting web server (Windows Server 2008 R2 + Apache 2.4) does not have a firewall running.

Regards,

Matt