[syslinux] syslinux 6.03pre17 + gpxelinux.0 + iso from http not working

Ross, Matt m.g.ross at herts.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 06:52:04 PDT 2014

Ady,

I had not previously tried three slashes, but have now. No difference unfortunately. I've also tried using the web server on the same machine as the PXE server and using 'http://127.0.0.1/Software/Util1.iso' as the URL, again to no avail.

It appears not to be able to connect to anything via http or https. Presumably it uses network settings (such as the gateway) provided by the DHCP server?

Our subnet on the dhcp server is defined like this:

subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
   option routers xxx.xxx.xxx.1;
   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
   option broadcast-address xxx.xxx.xxx.255;
   option domain-name "ourdomain.com";
   option domain-search "blah blah blah, a few subdomains";
   option domain-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.2, xxx.xxx.xxx.3;
   option netbios-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
   option netbios-scope "";
   option ntp-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.2, xxx.xxx.xxx.3;
   default-lease-time 1209600;
   max-lease-time 1814400;
   filename "gpxelinux.0";
   next-server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;